Forthcoming increase in the National Minimum Wage
A reminder that as from the first 'pay reference period' that starts on or after Monday 1 October 2012, the National Minimum Wage will be as follows:
- Adult rate (for those aged 21 and over): £6.19 per hour (increase from £6.08)
- Youth rate (18-20): £4.98 per hour (unchanged)
- Rate for those aged 16 and 17: £3.68 per hour (unchanged)
- Apprentices not otherwise covered by the NMW: £2.65 per hour (increase from £2.60)
- The maximum amount that can be offset where accommodation is provided: £4.82 per day (increase from £4.73)
The draft Regulations that will bring this increase into force are the National Minimum Wage (Amendment) Regulations 2012.